idvd help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by axeldtf, Dec 15, 2009.

1. axeldtf macrumors 6502

Is it normal for the display not to go to sleep when idvd is rendering? I also tried putting the display to sleep using control+****+eject and then it just comes right back on, is this suppose to be like this?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I've never noticed myself one way or the other, but I'd guess that if the animated menu preview is playing iDVD sets whatever flag it is that prevents display sleep, just like when you're watching a video in another app.

Assuming that's the case I don't know about any workarounds. If you're doing the asset encoding while saving to a disk image (so you get a progress bar, rather than background rendering) it might help--I seem to remember the screen sleeping in that situation, though I could be wrong.

3. axeldtf thread starter macrumors 6502

yea it stays on until it's done rendering and ready to write to disc, I also have this issue when importing from my hd camera to imovie... which can take 4 hours. i have to use my laptop so i can at least dim the display. Weird that apple never made a script to dim the displays completely on their imac models. That has always bugged me