iDVD is skipping the main menu

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dmaxdmax, May 1, 2009.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

I'm trying to make a disk in iDVD taking video from iMovie 9. No matter what I do the disk skips the opening menu and begins auto-play. It isn't looping because after one pass it goes back to what should be the Main Menu.

I've gone through the help screens and tried to un-do what it seems I ought to have done to make this happen on purpose.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

MBP 2.4 w/2GB RAM
    OS 10.5.6
    iLife '09

2. TGNman macrumors newbie

I know its an old post but I can use some help on this too. Doing the same thing for me and I cant seem to see how to fit it.

Mark

3. TGNman macrumors newbie

I just found something on the Apple forums. I am trying it now.

"I figured this one out!

When you are in iDVD, click on the DVD map (the little icon that looks like a flow chart).

Then, notice that the video on the far left is in a spot reserved for content that will play automatically. Drag and drop that video off the screen, and the menu should be the first thing to come up."

4. miscend macrumors member

Thanks so much for that one. iDVD was driving me insane creating a DVD that completely skips the menu.

5. sarahdanielle macrumors newbie

Thanks

omg i have been driving myself crazy with this stupid program and this totally worked for me!! just wanted to add in that to get the dvd or slideshow after the menu, drag the file on top of the menu square, it will then add another frame to the flowchart.