iDVD keeps failing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Uplift, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Uplift macrumors 6502

I'm trying to create a DVD with iDVD and it just wont work.. It gets to the 'Multiplexing and burning...' part, when it gets to around 10mins left the multiplexing changes to 'Lead write-in' or something like that, the disc spins up then back down, the status changes to 'done' with 9 mins left, the timer still moves but nothing happens, it gets to 1 min and hangs there.

Had 3 attempts which has cost me almost a full day due to the length it takes to actually make a DVD.

I've tried it on best performance and professional quality.

Any suggestions?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Try doing this in iDVD's Advanced Menu:
    Advanced -> Encode in Background (so that it becomes UNCHECKED).

Advanced -> Delete Encoded Assets (forget the warnings that come with it - just delete them!).

It works for Multiplexing errors that a lot of people get, so it may work for you.

Also try saving as a Disc Image. If that works you can then use Disk Utility to burn to a DVD. Drag the image file into Disk Utilities left hand pane, then select and click Burn.

3. apefx macrumors newbie

it's a matter of preference

in the idvd preferences make sure ntsc (for north america)(use pal for europe) is clicked and you select the dvd type you are using, either single or double layer. under the advanced menu select preferred dvd burning speed of 1x.

that did it for me after trying everything every other mac wizard wrote! good luck...