iDVD menu limit?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by 321estrellas, May 14, 2008.

1. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Sorry if this is a common question but I couldn't find it with quick googling.

My iDVD 6 version in my MBP with Tiger shows that there is only a 99 menu limit.

Is there a menu limit in iDVD '08 (installed in my Mac Pro)? Project info only seems to show how much space the menus take up (ie. "0.0 MB").

I was asked to make a digital yearbook on DVD and I plan to just make a DVD that's all menus, but I need over 160 menus. I figure this is the easiest way to go about it, but if anyone has other suggestions, I'd appreciate em :)

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Yikes. That's alot of playing around with your remote. You can't pair down your menus a little? I think it would be extremely frustrating to even have more than a dozen choices. If this is a highschool or college yearbook ,can't you break it down by section ( class year, clubs, sports, etc ) and then have your sub menus be the sections? I mean even if you create subsections within each class year, you can split it up into alphabet ranges... A-D, E-K, L-T, U-Z or whatever...
    Not everything deserves its own chapter marker/menu.

I would map out everything as general as you can.. start with the required sections, and then look to see how you can divvy up the remaining chapter markers within each section. If you plan out your navigation tree with your major sections, I think you'll be able to figure out a way to "budget" for sections that need more chapter markers than others.

Just my 2 cents. Hope your project turns out well!

3. Bunsen macrumors member

Tried to respond to this yesterday, but lost my internet!

The 99 menu limit is a limit of the DVD spec, not iDVD. I agree with huntercr above, you should figure out a simple way to navigate. You may be better off doing at least some of your project using slideshows, and just use the menus to get to the slideshows.