iDVD Menu Selection Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tknull, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Tknull macrumors regular

I have an iDVD project created. On the main menu, the options are to "Play Movie, or go to "scene selection". The option for "Play Movie" (see screen shot below) has a short couple second image that was part of the theme i had selected in iMovie. I like the theme/layout i have no from iDVD much better... but cannot figure out how to remove that image. It looks cheesy to me now. Selecting and deleting that box/item removes the menu option of "Play Movie". I want play movie to just go right away to the movie.

I"ve tried searching this in iDVD help and online, but can't find this. Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

If you exit that Map view and go back to the main Project window, you should be able to just drop an image of your choice to replace it with.

As an aside, the very first box(on the left) in that view contains a copy of your video. This mean that it will auto play the video, without showing the Menu, when inserted into a dvd player. To stop that, just click and drag it out of the box.

Did you Share from iMovie? For some reason it does that autimatically.

3. Tknull thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply Dave,
    I finally did figure out how to replace that, thanks. And thanks for the aside about the first box causing auto play.... it seems odd that it would do that by default, causing confusion about why the menu system does appear. Yes, i had shared it from iMovie... which i guess is the cause, and was also the cause of the other cartoon theme effects that i had wanted to remove.

Another question, if you might know... I'm using the "Forever" theme. It uses two of the squiggly line designs for choosing backward or forward in the menu system. When it has both, you can generally tell what it is for... but when i'm in the scene selection menu, and backward is the only option, there is only one... and it does not look in any way like a back link. A standard arrow would be much preferred. Any way to change this? I can't find one.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine