iDVD Menu

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JeanK4, Oct 30, 2011.

1. JeanK4 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I keep having a problem with iDVD. I spend all this time on the menu, creating chapters, titling them, adding extras into the back round, etc. But when I burn the dvd and put the dvd in a regular dvd player, or even right back into the computer it skips completely over the main menu and chapters and just goes straight into the movie. Am I missing a step?

I can of course after I have started the dvd, press the menu button and it will take me to the main menu but I would rather have it go there first instead of straight into the content.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Jean

2. pigbat macrumors regular

There is a little button below on the screen that looks like an org chart. Click on that and it pulls up the flow of the DVD menu. You can delete the auto play content from there.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Have you shared your movie from iMovie? If you have, it will autoplay straight to the movie. You need to look in the map view in the iDVD project window.

The button has three little connected boxes. It will show various boxes that show a map of your project. The very first box probably contains a copy of your movie put there by iMovie. Just select it and delete it.

That box will now probably show text to the effect that if you drag content to it, it will autoplay.