Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeopardUserUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Ok, i am running 10.5.6, and iDVD 5.0.1, and every time i go to open iDVD i get this message: 'You cannot use this version of iDVD with this version of Mac OS X'. And to be honest i am really pissed. I have a media assignment due in for tomorrow, and i need to be able to burn my movie! Any suggestions.

ASAP!

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Ok, i am running 10.5.6, and iDVD 5.0.1, and every time i go to open iDVD i get this message: 'You cannot use this version of iDVD with this version of Mac OS X'. And to be honest i am really pissed. I have a media assignment due in for tomorrow, and i need to be able to burn my movie! Any suggestions.

ASAP!

I'm afraid you are screwed. :( iDVD 5 is not compatible with Leopard. You need iDVD 6 (from iLife 08) or the current iDVD 7 from iLife 09.

For confirmation, see this thread in the Apple Discussions list.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Slight correction there sickmacdoc, iDVD 6 was introduced with iLife 06, iDVD 7 with iLife 08, and iDVD only had a minor update from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 with the release of iLife 09. As far as the other content of your post though, you are correct, iDVD 5 is incompatible with Leopard.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Slight correction there sickmacdoc, iDVD 6 was introduced with iLife 06, iDVD 7 with iLife 08, and iDVD only had a minor update from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 with the release of iLife 09. As far as the other content of your post though, you are correct, iDVD 5 is incompatible with Leopard.
Thanks for the update!:) I will keep that in mind as I sure missed that and managed to screw the versions ALL up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.