iDVD only burning half of my slideshow - please HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by k1453, Jun 15, 2009.

1. k1453 macrumors newbie

I am pretty new to mac - but love it. I am a photographer and need to burn a slideshow with audio to DVD. I figured the iDVD program out.... created a nice opening menu with audio and then a single slideshow. When I playback on my Mac, it is perfect. But when I burn to DVD and then pop in my DVD player to playback - the menu looks great and slideshow is nice until 5:37 to 5:40 into the slideshow (it varies between these two time markings every time) - it just stops playing!! It is a 9:00 show with a single soundtrack and the slides transition to fit the audio. I have switched the images around in case it was related to images and that's not the problem. It stops at a slightly different spot on the audio each time, so that's not the problem. I have plenty of open memory on my Mac.... I have gone through all the preferences menus to see if there were any restrictions on burning. I even rebuilt the slideshow FOUR times yesterday in different themes..... always stops at roughly the same place on DVD player playback. I have 3 different DVD players in my home and all three produce the same problem.

I have clients waiting on these DVD's and am just STUCK. Can anyone help???

I'll be forever grateful, if you can!!!

-Kim

2. dfins macrumors newbie

I don't have an answer for you Kim but I'm struggling to even post anything on this site. I have tried a number of different ways but it keeps saying to register. I have registered plus hit the link from my email but nothing. Do you need to wait a day? Anyway, if this works.. I have a similar issue where my menu 'scene selection' will not work after burning where it has done previous. I wonder if they are related to a burning issue somewhere..