iDVD problem related to start up?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Please can someone tell me why burning a 2 hour disc goes through all the motions for an hour then just stops dead and pop ups telling me I have to delete items from my start-up?

Now I get that my HD 350GB on Snow Leopard MBP is nearly full, only about 15GB left but why not tell me to remove files and docs from main hard drive, not start up items of which nothing has been added to standard SL. And why is it relevant to burning a disc when it's spent an hour doing all the multiplexing etc?

Any ideas please? What should I remove from start up. It's all standard and not been touched from original.

Thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

By start up, it is referring to your Start Up disc/drive; ie, your Mac's internal drive. iDVD needs a fair amount of space free when producing then dvd.

With only 15Gb left on your drive, you are way below the recommended 10% free space to help your Mac run efficiently. You need to get rid of a lot of stuff or upgrade to a larger drive.

Grand Perspective will help you see what taking up drive space and will show(perhaps) all this old iDVD projects that maybe taking up a lot of room.
    http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks, and that's what I'd done, deleted a load of files and folders, which I get, but why iDVD was telling me to delete 'start up' items instead was what confused. And I wish it'd told me those things before it'd completed multiplexing, 3 times, for 2 hours a piece.....