iDvd problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ^squirrel^, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Hi,

I need to make duplicate copies of my film. When i insert the next DVD it sometimes does nothing. Then i have to start from scratch again and that takes ages to burn the first disc.

Running iDVD 7.0.2

Can anyone help please?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well a couple of things you can do as a workaround (as I have never had iDVD fail to make as many as I wanted, but sometimes want more copies later) is to either:

• Use a program like Toast to do a disk copy of one of the originals (only has to read the original once, then can make any number of copies)

• Take one of the originals and make a disk image in Disk Utility, selecting "DVD/CD Master" in the "Image Format:" field and selecting "None" in the "Encryption:" field. When it done creating the image, highlight the image and click "Burn" (still in Disk Utility) to create copies of it.

Either way you choose, the production of additional copies of a completed disk will be far faster than having to go back through the whole rendering process in iDVD.

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I usually just save a disk image in iDVD and then use disk utility to burn the DVDs. I think it's under the File menu to save as a .img file.

4. ^squirrel^ thread starter macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Nice one, thanks for the help. Will do that.

Best regards
    Darren