iDVD produces jerky video using iMovie HD footage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by longmover, Sep 13, 2008.

1. longmover macrumors member

I really hope someone can help me, this problem is driving me nuts:

I filmed my Nephew's wedding using a Sony HDR-HC5 HD camcorder, imported it in to iMovie and edited it all no problem. The preview plays fine.

Next stage was to export it to the Media Browser so I could burn it in iDVD. I exported it as large and proceeded to make a menu system in iDVD no problem, again the preview looks fine. However, when I come to create the DVD/VIDEO_TS folder the playback is very jerky.

I've found a few threads from people who solve this problem using the 'Shift Fields' filter in Final Cut Express 4, fine but I don't have FCE4 and I shouldn't need to drop £130 on additional software just to burn a dvd!

I've always found that Apple stuff does 'just work' but for some reason, this doesn't....!

Please, please, can anyone help me?

2. longmover thread starter macrumors member

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You might want to either have this thread moved to the digital video section or close this one down and start a new one. There are a lot of guys/girls who know a lot about video that might not visit other sections of the forum.

As a side note, have you tried playing the dvd in a regular dvd player? If so how was it there? Was it still jerky?

4. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

When you exported from iMovie to iDVD, what format did you use?

I find if I use anything except DV between the two the resulting iDVD project has an iffy frame rate making it look jerky.

5. longmover thread starter macrumors member

Right you are, I'll start a new one, apologies.

I have tried it on a regular DVD player yes, the results are the same :(

duncyboy: I've tried lots of different ways including DV, again the results are the same..

Thanks for your replies guys...