iDVD Project Archive Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by seamonster76, Aug 16, 2009.

1. seamonster76 macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2009
    I am using iDVD 09 and I have archived a project on an external drive. When I open the project archive, a window pops up saying some assets have been changed and it asks if I want to update. If I choose update, my chapters are screwed link and the menu always links to a wrong chapter. If I choose cancel, the chapters are ok but as soon as I want to burn a disc, the same window pops up.

Does anyone has this problem? I am fairly new to iDVD so I could be missing something obvious. Thanks!
  2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2006
    Are you exporting this from Final Cut?

The external drive part may be a factor.

Are you really wanting to archive the project, or just keep a copy you can Burn DVD's on demand from? If it's the latter, I would suggest burning to an image file.
  3. seamonster76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2009
    I exported the movie from iMovie. My intention is to keep the project around so that I can make modifications in future if I have to, and then create new images.

4. coldsweat macrumors 6502

Aug 18, 2009
    Grimsby, UK
    Not good news I'm afraid!

iDVD screws up the chapters whenever it thinks the movie has changed in any way! - did you re-save the movie at all since creating the iDVD project?, if not it may be just that moving the file altered the file creation / modification date & as such iDVD thinks the file has changed!

It's a known issue on iDVD thats been happening for ages & still no fix from Apple. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is recreate the project from scratch!

see the kb article here

(although if there is a fix or workaround that I don't know about- I'd love to know as it would save me hours of work!)