iDVD Question?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Zanwolf, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Zanwolf macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a question about iDVD. I've basically rendered an exported animation through After Effects in 1080P PAL 25 frames per second with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
    I need it to also be playable on any DVD player, will I have to change the render mode to a small resolution?
    It's 89.7mb.

I want to know how to change the settings in iDVD to PAL instead of NTSC. Every time I try to import or drag the video in, it asks me if I am sure that I want to import a PAL into an NTSC menu setup.

I want the settings to be PAL so that the frame rate stays the same and no audio is out synced.

How do I do this, is there a way to change it in Preferences? A step-by step would be helpful if anybody knows.

Or, is there a program that MAC has preinstalled that will allow me to change to PAL instead of NTSC while playing on any DVD player?

Thank you for the help.

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

When iDVD exports it will be playable on any DVD player. To make it PAL, go to the menubar and see where it says "Project". Under Project is a menu item called "Project Info". Click on it. A menu will pop up, on that menu is an option called "Video Mode". That is where you choose NTSC or PAL.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you make a PAL DVD it will only be viewable on PAL-compatible DVD players.

Lethal

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

LOL I took this as a given, but yea. This is true.