iDVD Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by techie4life, Aug 23, 2007.

1. techie4life macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with iDVD '08. When I first start making a project, I choose 16:9 format because that's what my video was filmed in. So the main menu is in 16:9, but when I go to the actual video, it has made the video 4:3, so everything is stretched, etc.... What's the problem here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ghibli macrumors regular

If you used imovie 08 to assembly the clips, it seems that a 16:9 is not fully supported in imovie 08.

see all this thread on Apple discussion boards:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5167155&#5167155

3. techie4life thread starter macrumors 6502

I am importing the video using Final Cut Express HD.

4. prs986 macrumors regular

What are your export settings and what is the size you are exporting to?

5. techie4life thread starter macrumors 6502

i think i pretty much got the problem resolved. i am just importing the video using imovie, then exporting it as a quicktime file. it works just fine.

6. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Try using this program. I have used it before with FCP so I would think it would work. Anyways follow the directions and it should be a ton better and faster than the imovie route. Hopefully you have Quicktime pro because I think that is required if I remember right. Let me know if you try it out and how it works. Someone recommended it to me on here a while ago.

http://homepage.mac.com/sith33/FileSharing34.html

sorry, I must have hit cancel or something. Anyways, This might be bit more helpful. :eek:

7. Peel macrumors 6502a

Peel

What program?

Diamond. It would be helpful if you told us the name of the program you are refering to, and perhaps provided us with a link.

8. techie4life thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have QuickTime Pro, but I found out that I can just import the .dv files right into Final Cut, I don't have to export them or anything like that. Thanks for the help, but I think I got it figured out.