idvd serious problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Luis Ortega, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

iDVD seems to be completely buggy in snow leopard and it kept crashing so I gave up and started up in my clone drive with 10.5.8 to be able to work with it.

I wanted to make a dvd of some short animations and created a page with 4 submenus and added about 10 animation projects in each submenu. I also added some video into the drop zones and tried to add some audio to each of the submenu pages.

It wouldn't let me add audio clips to the different submenu screens to play when the submenu screens come up. Two of the submenus would accept the audio addition but two others would not.

I dropped some video into the drop zones and they played all faded out and way too light in tone compared to the original video.

The program won't let me assign different themes to the submenus screens without changing the theme throughout the entire dvd project.
    The text selector would not allow me to choose a different font from the default. It would default to some odd font on every first change attempt, then on the second attempt it would accept the new font name but would not change to that font style unless I changed the font size.

To add insult to injury, after going through all this crap, the finished dvds won't play on any dvd player except a Mac computer dvd drive. Even then, the dvd drive in another Mac asked for a region selection before playing the dvd. I thought that homemade dvds were supposed to be region free.

I rendered using the slowest speed and used sony -r dvd blanks, so the blanks should have been burned carefully and have been of sufficient quality.

The program seems a total piece of crap, and is essentially unusable in snow leopard.

I looked at dvd studio pro that comes with my FCP but it is way harder to use and I got stuck after making some submenu buttons and then trying to get into them to add content. I can't figure out how to navigate into the submenu screen to add content.

I'm not confident that it will produce a useable final product that plays in standalone dvd players, so I'm leery of wasting my time with it.

2. Tabbycat macrumors newbie

Hi Luis Ortega and anyone else interested

I have just become victim to the unable to change font in iDVD too
    and am wondering if you have found the solution to this problem
    so far I have removed the preferences and caches, reinstalled iDVD, restarted iMac and still no change.

This is on a iMac 2.00 with 2G ram early 2007 purchase with 10.6.2 installed :confused:

Be glad of anyone else's imput