iDVD spitting DVD out

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Smileyguy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

Just spent yonkers putting together the DVD of my recent holiday, and when I went to burn it an iDVD prompted me to insert a blanc DVD, I obliged but it quickly spat it back out again. I went and bought some brand new blank DVD-R (+) but it's doing the exact same thing. It's strange because the DVDs are appearing the finder when I insert them. I'm running iDVD4 on a 1.8Ghz g5 powermac running 10.3. Anyone know what the problem could be?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Macs are quite picky about what DVDs they'll accept. Make sure you're using the right kind of disc. Your PowerMac doesn't accept DVD+R or DVD+RW discs, only DVD-R or DVD-RWs. It's also possible that, since you are running 10.3, you probably have an older version of iDVD that doesn't understand DVD+R or DVD+RW discs, yet the Finder reads them just fine.

3. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I purchased iLife well after the computer was bought so I don't think iLife is outdated.

You're saying this model doesn't accept DVD+Rs? That would most likely be the problem then, thanks.