iDVD trouble: No audio on burned dvd

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by allegrovivo, Dec 21, 2008.

1. allegrovivo macrumors newbie

So I collected old home movies and edited them in iMovieHD. I proceeded to transfer that to iDVD and customized it there.

I played it on iDVD (I didn't save it as a disk image) and the audio and everything else worked beautifully.

When i burned it onto a dvd, the dvd would play but no audio in my DVD player. Thinking it's my DVD players problem, I tried it on my Macbook and the audio failed there too.

I tried looking for threads about this but I only found help if the audio is iTunes music. My audio is already in .aiff format.

Thanks!

2. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

I dunno if it has something to do with the theme you choose or not. I read somewhere online that certain themes didn't seem to work with some music so maybe try using a different theme, burn to dvd and check it out see if that's the problem.

3. allegrovivo thread starter macrumors newbie

That may be it. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how it turns out.

4. allegrovivo thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried a different theme. I even created a disk image and the audio worked.

In my DVD player and my mac, the DVD has no audio again. More suggestions?

5. heron88 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem, except my audio cuts off at exactly 5 minutes. I called tech support and they took me nowhere. I had to resort to putting the video on a flash drive and playing it with my xbox 360.

6. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

What kind of disks are you using? DVD-R, DVD+R . . . ?

7. allegrovivo thread starter macrumors newbie

8. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

I'd imagine the type of recording media wouldn't really matter it either plays or it doesn't. The only thing I could suggest possibly is either converting your aiff format song/music/whatever to an mp3 or a .wav maybe and trying that. If that doesn't work try going into idvd and at the top select Project >Project Info.. play with the encoding from best or professional quality to best performance and back to its prior setting again. It will warn you that idvd needs to re-encode all the assets again so click ok and let it re-encode what ever it can.

Try that and see if the audio works.. my guess is its due to something funky with the aiff file so try converting that to a .wav/mp3 format and go from there.

9. allegrovivo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well what my movie is is a collection of home movies. The audio isn't song. So I'm not exactly sure as to how to convert the audio in the film clips.

Also, it has been on "Best Quality" rather than "Best Performance" during this entire journey. I've wasted a lot of DVDs so far :S

10. allegrovivo thread starter macrumors newbie

I just opened up one of the DVDs on my computer. There's an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder like there should be. The audio folder is completely empty.

Why is the audio disappearing during it's journey into the DVD from iDVD?

11. karmstro5 macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have the exact same problem. Just installed ilife 09. Created imovie 09 project and shared it with idvd. Upon successful burn, last several minutes of video has no audio. Read through online solutions, tried many things, including burning as image and noticed the audio file is empty. Help us please!

12. xStep macrumors 68000

Place a Hollywood DVD into your computer. I think you'll find that the AUDIO_TS folder is empty in that too.