iDVD widescreen project too wide for Widescreen TV!!??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CEH, Mar 18, 2009.

1. CEH macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

So I'm going nutz and have read a bunch of other threads on this but most of it is way over my head. Can someone help out a layman?

I just made a movie on iMovie and then moved it to iDVD. I am using iLife 08. The projects (the movie and dvd) were both widescreen. Everything was great! Looked great on the computer etc... But then I played the dvd on my widescreen TV and the top and bottom of the picture (including titles I had put on the bottom of the screen using the imovie templates) had been cut off. Not letter boxed but rather they seemed to not fit on the screen. I tried changing my tv settings but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know what might be up? I also tried to burn the dvd as a standard 4:3 project and the resulting DVD still had the top and bottom cut off. Is this an issue with my DVD/TV?

thanks guys!!
    CEH

2. CEH thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe, I don't know what that means. But the TV safe zone you pointed me to does me no good because its the movie that I am saying is being cut off at the edges. Anyone? Please?

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

try different perspective settings on your tv. Someone I know has a television which zoomes in on the material to make it fit on the entire display. Or sometimes it even stretches. Try if you can change the way it shows material on your tv.

4. CEH thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I tried changing the tv settings but that does no good. Its as if the top and bottom of the movie isn't there. Almost as if the tv was the wrong size! Haha. The movie doesnt look stretched. Its just cropped. Could be cut off on the sides as well but not noticable.

ideas?

5. SKANLEZ macrumors member