iDVD will not run on machine updated to Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Maury, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

I have a Mac Pro that I keep up to date, and installed Lion shortly after it came out.

I was unaware that iDVD was EOLed and no longer available. But more surprising, it appears that the copy of iDVD I already have no longer works.

I get the message "You have iDVD 6.0.4".

Is it possible to update this to something that DOES work?

2. simsaladimbamba

Strange, since it is a Universal Binary:
    [​IMG]

You may need to upgrade your iLife version via buying the iLife '11 DVD via eBay or so.

A search for "idvd 6.0.4 lion" revealed the same, it will not run on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Where to begin:
    1. Just installing Lion does not keep your computer up to date.
    2. iDVD has not been EOLed. However, newer versions have been released since you started using your computer. It is certainly no surprise that new operating systems obsolete old software.
    3. As I write this, my PM G5 running MacOS X 10.4.11 has iDVD 7.0.3 installed.
    4. What you can do is to purchase either a new version of iDVD separately or as part of the iLife bundle. They are available on the Mac App Store.

4. Maury thread starter macrumors 6502

Well duh.

Yes it has.

Of course not. What is surprising is that Apple would not supply any way to upgrade it, knowing it would not work on the new OS.

available in either of these forms, or any other. The Mac App Store's version does not include iDVD, and the box version has not been available for some time.

Might want to save the attitude until you're sure you're actually correct.

----------

A product that does not appear to be available for purchase.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Funny, I was able to find iLife '11 at Amazon. The first reply also suggested eBay.