iDVD won't burn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Thorzilla, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Thorzilla macrumors newbie

I have a problem.
    I have a 45 min video made in iMovie, that I want to burn in iDVD. However, when i export everything to iDVD, make my menu and click burn, it starts preparing everything and when it is about to burn, my Mac ejects my DVD around 7 minutes remaining and keeps going as if it were burning. I've already tried several times, changing different disks, even putting the disc back in as soon as iDVD ejects it. It freezes at one minute remaining and have to cancel the burning process.

DVDs are not even burnt or anything, they remain virgin even after iDVD "says" it's burning to then eject it around the 7 minute mark.

2. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I don't have a solution for you, but maybe a work around. You might try creating a disc image from iDVD. If that is successful, you can burn the image to DVD-R using Disc Utility.

I pretty much gave up using iDVD to burn the actual discs because it took too long and too many things could go wrong. Breaking it up like this gave me a much higher success rate.

3. lovinmac macrumors newbie

idvd won't burn

I have same problem. How do I burn using Disk Utility? Can you advise step by step? Many thanks....

4. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I'm not at a Mac, so I can't give you the exact steps. However, it's something like this:

1. Double-click on disc image file, which will mount the disc image on your desktop (similar to inserting a disc in the CD/DVD drive).
    2. Open Disc Utility.
    3. Select disc image in the left side of Dis Utility window (it should list all mounted discs on the LH side of its window).
    4. Select BURN from top of Disc Utility window.

Once again, I can't verify that it works exactly like this, but this should get you close.