Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've had those kind of things happening ever since the first release of Internet Exploder for Mac OS X. I even have full pages which come up blank repeatedly. Apparently, their rendering engine is so fast that you can't even see the text as it goes by. :)

Edit: It seems that I can't spell either. :(

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by bousozoku
I've had those kind of things happening ever since the first release of Internet Exploder for Mac OS X. I even have full pages which come up blank repeatedly. Apparently, there rendering engine is so fast that you can't even see the text as it goes by. :)

So I'm not the only one? Good. You'd think that by now M$ could spend a little time and fix this annoying problem! I can't believe they haven't addressed this.

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
resize your window. and I've gotten that in non-IE apps (photoshop, AI quite a bit), so it can't be all the IE dev's fault. OSX still is quite buggy

ja0912

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2002
maybe, maybe not

A resize may help, I'm not sure. But this was happens when I select text. As it has to redraw for each new character selected, the missing text appears and some other text disppears. So if I select a sentence, my whole screen does a dance... then stops when I stop, with whichever words that were missing last, missing. Gives me a headache. :confused:

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I had many many re-draw problems with IE in OSX. I got fed up and moved to Netscape 7 (no screen draw problems). I was astonished how much quicker it was! I'll never go back. Why not give it a go? I dont reckon you will regret it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.