IE 7 and other terrible software

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tomoisyourgod, Aug 14, 2007.

1. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

I'd just like to get this off my chest and have a rant about how bad IE 7 is!

It's the worst browser I've ever come across, why do Micro$oft do their utmost best (or worst) to produce such a backward browser???? I HATE IT!!!! It stresses me out having to use this vile OS called XP and test simple HTML mailouts we do. Every time, IE 7 has this problem with alignment issues!

It works in every browser just not IE 7!

The only improvement I've witnessed from it is that it can read alpha transparency in a PNG a bit better than IE 6.

They've gone and stuck the folder options to the right handside - for no reason, I don't see the logic in that!

Anyway that's my rant done for the day over how rubbish IE 7 is.

Anyone else have a piece of software that p*sses you off?

Have a rant about it here

2. bartelby macrumors Core

SAS!
    It's a bloody nightmare!
    Not helped when idiots set up sytems with in it!

&

Lotus f**king Notes!
    I don't think I need to say any more about that!

3. pengu macrumors 6502a

SAS?

Office2K7 is royally pissing me off. bugs galore. must be some kind of new goal in MSFT (for each release to have more bugs than the last)

oh. and any version of MSIE. they things they fix in each release are simply replaced by new, more obscure, ridiculous bugs.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

CorelDraw - Worse on windows than on a mac, but for a drawing package that ability to zoom and have the program redraw it at all or properly is a must.

Hysys - The ability to actually have a working license that doesn't take 3 weeks with constant troubleshooting to get working for it only to go mental when the clocks change and then not work again for another month.

5. jng macrumors 65816

jng

IE7 is not bad. You just need to know how to design for it. I never really have problems with it. If you're coding correctly using semantically correct CSS that validates, etc, you shouldn't have huge problems. Make sure the DOCTYPE is correct and even IE6 renders the box model properly.

I agree, aesthetically it is awful. But from a designers point of view, I don't have a problem with it.

It's finance software I believe that firms use for banking, investments or something. Many firms want SAS programmers.

6. pengu macrumors 6502a

thats the problem. we shouldnt have to design FOR it. we should be able to design, and KNOW it will work. the things fixed in MSIE7 pale in comparison to the things NOT FIXED.

are you sure you dont mean SAP?

7. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Just to even things out here: the 10.4.10 update of Tiger. What a POS --that's caused more hardware failures than it fixed.

Yes, I realize this is bait but so is this whole post. Why don't you just say you hate Microsoft --that by the way is how you spell it, because the company Micro$oft does not exist.

8. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I make mostly clean sites and don't really have a problem with IE7. I don't design FOR it. I just design. Obviously there are bumps here and there that need to be fixed. But it usually isn't anything difficult.

Nope, SAS.

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I have nothing to add.

(and there may be a finance package called SAS, but I've only seen it used for statistical analysis)

10. Mistershark macrumors regular

MusicMatch Jukebox. I went through hell with this before I discovered iTunes.

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Is that still around? :confused: I thought it existed to support PC based iPod users before iTunes for Windows and then faded into nothingness - I remember being furious that I couldn't run iTunes when it came out.

12. Mistershark macrumors regular

I used Musicmatch for a short time before I got my first Apple product, an iPod Mini. My Mini was my gate to iTunes, so I left Musicmatch in the dust years ago. :)