IE bug resources

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by andyjamesnelson, Feb 9, 2009.

1. andyjamesnelson macrumors 6502

Hello.

I'm having a hard time trying to work out how to deal with IE bugs.

I'm wondering if any knows a good resource for this?

I'm esp having an issue with what I think might be called a popping bug.

Basically as I rollover some links in a list item the whole <ul> jumps up and down the page!

Any suggestions?

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

The official Microsoft IE8 bug database can be found here complete with a search tool and a way to add and track bugs if you register.

That's IE8 currently in release candidate status - obviously bug reporting for released versions isn't common, Microsoft could care less about fixing current stable releases or older versions. Use this page instead to see if any users added bug reports for MSIE 6 and 7 at the popular and helpful quirksmode.org which is a third party organization serving as a reporting and collecting entity with fixes and workarounds for the public, not for Microsoft developers.

Beyond that, Google search.

Okay, now that I said all the official stuff, based on your brief description and my experience with MSIE, rollovers, CSS and UL/LI conventions - I suggest you post your code and chances are we might find alternate CSS you can use to resolve your MSIE issue. It's called CSS hacking or MSIE conditionals.

-jim