Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColinM

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey MR Folks,

So I work for a site, Hogwartsradio.com , and IE is giving me a crapload of trouble with a new design. I didn't code this, but my boss is asking me to see if I can fix it up.

The problem is in IE 4.01 - 6, all the content is all moving below the sidebar, you can see this from a few browsershots at http://browsershots.org/http://www.hogwartsradio.com/

I can even dream what's going on with IE 4.01, I'm more concerned with the others. Any ideas? We're using wordpress.

Thanks!

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
ummm a REAL link would be the only way to help so that someone can look at the source code.. With that the only thing I can guess is going on is that you are missing a closing <tr> or <div>

Some browsers will just assume that you MEANT to close it if you have </tr and you forgot the > but others will not

I think that might be your biggest issue.. btu then again, a screen shot isnt telling me much other than you are missing something somehwere

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
ummm a REAL link would be the only way to help...

Read his first sentence again. ;)
--

Here's the quickest way to fix:
Code:
#wrapper {
 position: relative; /*new*/
}
#wrap_right{
/*float: right; */ /*delete this line*/
position: absolute; top: 0; right: 0; /*new*/
}
This at least was working in IE6 and FF3. The new design looks pretty good. I remember the old one. One observation, I noticed the heading links were different colors in FF/IE. Firefox shows them as blue, but IE as gold. Not sure which color it's suppose to be, but the blue looks better to me.

ColinM

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Pennsylvania
So The CSS would be...

#wrapper {
position: relative;
background-image: url('images/i_11.png');
width: 919px;
margin: auto;
display: block;

}

#wrap_right{
position: absolute; top: 0; right: 0;
width: 228px;
display: block;
}

correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.