IE7 and drop shadows

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Brendon Bauer, May 21, 2009.

1. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

Ok so I am using this method for drop shadows because it needs to be purely css/js... I can't modify the existing html (besides adding classes or id's). http://www.scottjehl.com/jsDropShadows/ I am using that on my website.

Now for my problem: The drop shadows on the navigation menu in Safari and Firefox work fine. In IE6 it doesn't work at all, but I'm ok with that. In IE7 it works on all pages except the "home" page. I have no idea why... If somebody can figure that out, that'd be awesome!

Code Removed...

Any ideas? If you have a better solution for text shadows, let me know! I can do anything that doesn't require modifying the structure of the html.

2. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I may just try something else to make the nav stand out. Text shadows seems to be a pain for cross-browser support. If anyone has any good ideas for text shadows that just work without javascript or css3 required, let me know!

3. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I decided to give up on text shadows... they are too much of a pain. If anyone comes across a good text shadow solution let me know ;)