IE7 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Mar 22, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Does anyone have the URL for this download? Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I know you can run up to IE6 within ie4osx. They might have had 7 support at one time.

3. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I was under the impression that they stopped development of IE for the Mac.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We JUST had a thread on this. Follow the rules and search.

It doesn't exist. Development stopped with IE5. There are better, actual browsers now.

5. danny_w macrumors 601

Yes but for some sites (ADT Payroll for example) you MUST use IE, there is no other choice.

6. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

The reason I'm asking is my company has a new VPN solution that's done through the browser, and it doesn't work well with Safari or Firefox.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Doesn't changing the user agent in Safari work?

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Then you'll have to run IE through virtualization or boot camp.

9. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Safari 4

Safari 4 no longer works on my Mac...I just get the spinning rainbow ball and then it become unresponsive. So....I'm only using Firefox now.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

To be honest, every time someone said "use IE" I use firefox. Somehow it works. I had never heard of ADT until now, I thought it was ADP but I can see there may be an ADT. If ADT is a payroll service you're using and they insist on IE I would seriously switch payroll companies. And no, I am not kidding in the least.

11. danny_w macrumors 601

Not the last time I tried, but perhaps now it does. Safari has so many inconsistencies I would much rather use FireFox, which also didn't work last I checked. I keep trying to like Safari but it just keeps letting me down.

12. danny_w macrumors 601

Sorry for the slipup, I meant ADP. And the last time I tried neither Safari nor FireFox worked. One of teh (FF I think) appears to work at first but nothing is clickable past the first page.

13. glasserp macrumors regular

can you elaborate on this?

14. hugo7 macrumors regular

Sigh, IE still entrenched

Yeah, some parts of the adp.com site are diabolical. At one time, it convinced me for 5mins that I was entering the wrong username/password in Firefox until I decided, by chance, to try IE6 and successfully logged in.

Funnily enough, I ran into a similar problem last night while submitting an error report on a Yahoo form. It refused to process my submission in Firefox so I had to retry in IE6.

The mind just boggles...

15. danny_w macrumors 601

One of the most frustrating for me is that when I set the preferences to open external links in a new window, sometimes it opens in a new window, sometimes it opens in a new tab in an existing window, and sometimes it opens in an existing tab in an existing window. And this is when opening links from Mail.app, usually macrumors thread links. This happens in both Safari 3 and Safari 4 Beta, in both Leopard and SL (I'm a beta tester). And it happens both at home and at work on different systems. I have nver had this issue with FireFox.

16. nusynergy macrumors regular

i had a simler issue my company uses VDI through a web portal using a VPN. IE only compatble.

I told them i only had a mac at home and didnt want to install a "virus infested unstable, buggy load of C**p" (Windows) onto it.

There solution... buy me a windows Laptop :p :D...