Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
UK
When I use live messenger on my pc, and am alerted of new mail, why does my html email open in IE7 rather than my default browser...it just clogs up my taskbar when I already have the defaulted 'fox open, is there anyway to force it to open in 'fox?

And secondly, is there anyway to have multiple homepage tabs open when you start up firefox, it'd be nice launching with MR and DevArt open together :)

It doesn't seem like there is anyway to solve these minor problems :(
Thanks for help anyone! :eek:

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
You're using Outlook for your mail, aren't you? Try ThunderBird, it's also a Mozilla product and it will open FireFox when you click on a link.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
UK
You're using Outlook for your mail, aren't you? Try ThunderBird, it's also a Mozilla product and it will open FireFox when you click on a link.

Oops, sorry if i'm being confusing, i read my mail in an internet browser, and for those who use messenger know that the email alert opens in IE7 regardless of your default browser. I just wanted to know if there was a way to stop this.:p Thanks anyway for the help!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Oops, sorry if i'm being confusing, i read my mail in an internet browser, and for those who use messenger know that the email alert opens in IE7 regardless of your default browser. I just wanted to know if there was a way to stop this.:p Thanks anyway for the help!

Well it is another microsoft product, so it will want to open with another microsoft product, I doubt there is a way to change this.

hessdesigns

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
For your second question (open multiple tabs for your home page(s)...), simply open both pages in tabs, then go to your preferences-->general and you'll see the button that says "Use Current Pages." Then, you are good to go!

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
UK
For your second question (open multiple tabs for your home page(s)...), simply open both pages in tabs, then go to your preferences-->general and you'll see the button that says "Use Current Pages." Then, you are good to go!

Ahah awesome! Thank you so much hessdesigns!:) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.