Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Some of you may know of this app, some may not. It was an alternative to Virtual PC, and now Parallels.

This new version is a UB. It also supports Vista, along with every other Windows release.

I will be honest, I bought this back when I had a iBook G4 because VPC was way too slow. This, unfortunetly was worse. So I wrote it off as a waste of $25. So today I get an email about the new UB version, and look I have a 20" 2.0Ghz iMac. It can't be too slow right?

Well. The verdict is slow out on that. I figured I would test it out with Vista and am installing it right now. So far so good. I only have 512MB of RAM. So I am not expecting stellar performance. If anyone is interested though I will keep you updated on how it works. I will be doing an XP install soon as well.

http://www.iemulator.com/

Nice thing is, for $25 bucks you get unlimited free updates as well as email support.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
don't buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's just a repackaged version of Q, which is open source. iEmulator is a ripoff

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
wmmk said:
don't buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's just a repackaged version of Q, which is open source. iEmulator is a ripoff

Wish you would have told me that back in January. What is this Q?

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
NVM... Qemu. Hmm... kind of sucks. Wish I would have known that back then. I would Compare Qemu to iEmulator, but there is no UB for Qemu.

I will still keep you guys updated though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.