iExplorer vs Phoneview

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rugmankc, Jan 29, 2015.

1. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Have read threads on these but would like first-hand comments from folks who have used both, preferably the Full Versions. Not opposed to spending money on right App. These two seem to do what I want. But, not many reviews by users on PhoneView that I have seen. I think it was the one that crashes. So, keep replies to these apps please. Less clutter--:)

I use WonderShare TunesGo Retro. Does good job. Would like access to iTunes BackUps. I know I can use the trials. But, nothing beats comments from actual users.

So, mainly want to backup/transfer photos and music from iPhone 6 plus to iMac. From and to the specific apps on iphone maintaining folder structure. And, as mentioned, access backups and copy files/pics/music from the backup to iPhone into that same folder. Don't like iTunes auto stuff and do all manually along with Dropbox.

Hope this makes sense. I am more of a hands-on guy and not good at learning well from just reading about something--:)

Thanks

Ken

2. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Been playing with Trials. PhoneView didn't really allow me to do anything. Tried it twice. iExplorer seems thorough. But, maybe more than I need. Will mess with it for awhile.

I think iTunes BackUp/Restore and TunesGo Retro may work for me. Will see.