if 10% restocking fees can't be waived, does the exchange worth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coreguy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. coreguy macrumors newbie

Damn here I can't persuade them to waive the restocking fees. I just got my MBP last Friday.

so in this situation, does the exchange worth? About $200

2. wrightc23 macrumors regular

There doesn't seem to be much point if you've already got a Merom based MBP.

It's still an extremely quick notebook. I'd just enjoy what is already a terrific notebook.

I bought a 2.6ghz 17" MBP last week and Apple have offered to swap it for a 2.5ghz Penryn 17".

I don't think I can be bothered transferring all my apps and data to be honest so I'll stick with what I've got. It's really not healthy being obsessed with having the latest generation of every component as I am. It will be a matter of weeks before Santa Rosa bites the dust and that's before we get onto to replacing that outdated 8600GT!

I recall speaking to an Intel engineer some time ago and he said to only update your hardware every other update. Either update with successive tick's or tock's apparently. I suspect if we change our Merom SR based MBP when Montevina appears you'll notice a substantial speed bump with Penryn and a new chipset. The FSB of the current config is a real bottle neck.