If 128GB Were the "Best" Version (With Best CPU, RAM, Display, etc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Oct 11, 2015.

1. MICHAELSD, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Here's an idea: Apple should take all of the best components in the iPhone line such as the TSMC chip and best of the best of the other components which are made by multiple manufacturers such as the RAM and display, and discreetly sell the 128GB (or highest-priced in future generations) model as the option for those that desire the best out of all the possible iPhone internal components. For those unaware, due to sourcing from multiple companies some displays will be superior to others, some iPhones with faster memory, etc.

Then, the niche that cares about minor improvements that are generally-unnoticeable to the majority can purchase the "best" model and receive the best iPhone possible. In fact, due to the lack of marketing only the enthusiast niche would even know about the disparities.

If the 128GB model guaranteed the best iPhone components, would you purchase it for this reason?

2. Skika macrumors 68030

Sounds awful, why should i be forced to buy the 128gb model if i don't need the space?

3. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

All iPhones should be the same quality.

Bad idea.

4. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It's impossible for all internal components to be exactly the same at the rate and quantity Apple produces.

5. joy_ng macrumors member

I always buy 128 because I need the space.. so why would they spend more to earn customers who are already going to buy the product?

6. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

I mean...I guess, but I would already be buying it for the amount of storage.

7. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Might as well release an iPhone Edition. Crafted out of 18-karat gold and maybe priced at $25k :apple:

8. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I could see all the Edition owners demanding the TSMC chip over the lowly Samsung. I feel like Apple would be ahead of them there though.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Because you wanted all the best components.

What would be a real hoot is if all the iPhones were 128GB but Apple, via software restricted you from getting to it unless you paid for it!

10. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

Everyone already thinks they are the best most advanced phones and that all of them are perfect and identical. They need to up the specs and display quality of all the models.

11. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Well... why should I be forced to buy the bigger phone if I just want a better camera? (OIS)