Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Just thinking how long did it take for 3GS to be JB'd after 3.0 was for 3G last year?

Are the signs looking good for JB on the next gen iPhone?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Last year it was a couple months for 3.0 jb and a while longer for the 3gs I think another month. This year looks better for jb soon after the official release. But we won't be 100% till it's released hopefully next week. As far as 4g phone have to wait and see if they add security to it. What ever you do don't upgrade till the dev-team says it's ok. If you do you might have to wait longer.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I think it took a few weeks before the 3GS was jailbroken. I would expect the 4G to be even more difficult to JB than previous models, considering the new bootrom in the 3GS was updated to make it harder. Luckily, I probably won't need to jailbreak with 4.0 bringing multitasking.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Those of us with 3G and old-bootrom 3GS phones will be able to upgrade to 4.0 and maintain our jailbreak almost immediately. If the release version of 4.0 is not susceptible to Spirit, then I imagine new-bootrom 3GS owners will have to wait for Geohot to release his jailbreak.

Since nobody can really start working on a jailbreak for the HD until it is released, I imagine it will be several weeks before we see a jailbreak for the new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.