If a morbidly obese woman..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by conch575, Jun 28, 2009.

1. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

This is a really weird question/thought, but I thought of it in the shower and didn't know the answer. So I thought I'd come here and ask..

If a morbidly obese woman lost a whole heap of weight and became anorexic, would she still have cellulite on her legs? Or would it go away? Because I've been told you can never get rid of cellulite..

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

You don't have to be morbidly obese (or even overweight) to have cellulite.

3. conch575 thread starter macrumors 6502

conch575

Yeah I know that, but I thought she'd have MORE.. Well if a normal woman with cellulite lost a heap of weight and became anorexic would she still have the cellulite?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You'd probably be looking more at the stretched and saggy skin, and not notice the cellulite.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

But when she sits around the house........

sorry, had to.

I believe that the cellulite cells will still be there, but they may be shrunk down due to the weight loss. So it may not look like she has as much cellulite, but it's just that the volume of the cells have decreased.

But, yeah, the hanging skin and whatnot would probably avert your attention from the cellulite.

6. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

You have some strange thoughts while taking showers. :D

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm sort of worrying why he admitted to fantasizing about morbidly obese women while washing his junk.

[​IMG]

8. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Yes, but I suppose morbidly obese people need love, too, so it's good that there are people fantasizing about them.

9. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Even though her body weight (fat and meat :p UNDER her skin) is gone, her skin will remain. Skin doesn't shrink that much. So, she'd need to have a surgery to remove (literally cut them out) all the wrinkled and saggy skin and stitch the skin up. Oh yeah, the cellulite on her skin will still remain as well. So, her thighs and legs will be thinner but still have cellulite plus the stitch marks.

You can find some pictures of before and after on internet, but it's not pretty.

10. conch575 thread starter macrumors 6502

conch575

Hey! I'm not a boy :eek:
    And in my defense.. It was before I got in the shower and I was trying to think of the answer while having the shower. It's the place where I tend to think the most :D

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

12. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Use timg tags instead of img please!! :p

Google Ads know everything :D

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Cellulite is pockets of fat near the skin, typically subcutaneous fat, that appears dimpled.

There is some truth to the idea that cellulite won't "go away". Think of body fat as pouches full of fat (lipids). You increase or decrease your body fat by either emptying or filling those pouches; the number of pouches doesn't change. Typically the number of fat cells in a person's body is decided by their genetics, and once they've stopped growing they stop producing new ones. However, in cases of extreme obesity, it's possible to create new fat cells, and those cells won't disappear no matter how thin you get.

Except in the cases of extreme obesity though, it's possible to reduce cellulite with proper diet and exercise.