If a new iMac is released....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by muskett32, Sep 15, 2009.

  1. muskett32 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #1
    ....within the next few weeks, as stated on macrumors, and I just got a new iMac today, would I be able to return it and get the new one????
     
  2. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

    thomahawk

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2008
    Location:
    Osaka, Japan
    #2
    i beleive there is a 2 week grace period?

    other than that, no apple will not shed a tear of you buying a imac and a new one comes out after that.
     
  3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

    MrCheeto

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    #3
    Where did you get it?

    Apple and Best Buy often let you return it within 30 days for an EXCHANGE.
     
  4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

    dvdhsu

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2008
    Location:
    Palo Alto, CA
    #4
    I'm almost positive, for Apple, it's a two week grace period.
    For Best Buy, I don't know.
    Hope that helps.
     
  5. muskett32 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #5
    Got it online from Apple. Actually, got it yesterday and today the hard drive crashed. They are sending a replacement. I understand the 14 day return period would start on the day I receive it. Just wondering if the 14 days now start when I receive my replacement.
     
  6. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #6
    Yes, you have new 14 days to return it
     
  7. muskett32 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #7
    Thanks everyone for your responses. So here's my dilemma now. As I said, my newly arrived iMac died the following day. Apple just sent me the RMA and the replacement should ship in 1-3 days. In light of the rumors of the new iMac in a few weeks, would I be able to have Apple hold off on sending me a replacement or should I just go ahead and receive it and if the new ones are released within the 14 day return period (and the redesign is significant enough), return it. Although at that point I may get the 10% restocking fee.
    What do you all think?
     
  8. relativist macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    #8
    I think that if you can wait, especially a few weeks, then return it and wait. You have a legitimate reason to return and full right of return, this other information would just have pushed you over to that side, it's really your business why. Better to be safe than sorry IMO.
     

Share This Page