If A New Iphone Is Released! Will O2 Offer Early Upgrades Again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by julianna1973, Feb 3, 2009.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Its not gonna be as early as last time as if a new iPhone comes in the summer it will just be another 6 months or so to go on the 18 month contract!

Im not sure i will upgrade if there isnt major changes! I love the iPhone but i am hoping sometime soon other networks might get a chance to offer it! I loved being with Tmobile & found the network coverage much better. O2 is good apart from that.

One thing i know, iPhone is it for me. There isnt another phone that matches it, if they can just add a couple of the features that is standard even on basic mobile phones. I really really miss text fowarding!!!:apple:

2. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I think it's very unlikely there'll be free upgrades this time.

When the 3G came out, the 18 month minimum contract was a weird thing, because none of the tarriff was subsidising the price of the phone. With the free upgrades, now it is, so O2 are going to hold you to all 18 months before letting you upgrade.

I suppose they might offer to let you upgrade if you pay the full price of the handset (probably signing up to another 18 months and £279 upfront), but that'll be it.

People who didn't upgrade to the 3G will be okay of course, since their eighteen month contracts expire in May, and will presumably get the same deal as new customers.

Phazer