Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
If a new MBP does come out in the Macworld Paris Expo, can I place the order at the apple store near my house and also buy the nano and printer to bring home immediately?

Also, I am going away to college late September (around 23rd-24th). How long will the new MBP take to ship? Does it ship immediately when I order or is there a wait time? Basically, will I get my MBP on time for college if I order on the 12th of September?

NYmacAttack

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2005
NY
In store you can only buy what they have in stock. I have never been able to pre order anything through an Apple store.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
If you want Merom I suppose you can pretty much forget about your free iPod promotion. Apple timed the promo to end at around that time for a reason, to use students after freebies as dumping grounds for their old stocks. They aren't a charity you know...

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I'm still praying for that one week before the promotion ends.

Are they selling mac pros in stores now? or is it only online?

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
vega07 said:
I'm still praying for that one week before the promotion ends.

Are they selling mac pros in stores now? or is it only online?

Is the Mac + iPod promotion only valid for retail store purchases? :confused:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
does Jobs normally give a keynote? if he does and announces new stuff. its going to to be "shipping next week" to screw the students out.
i'm really mad that the imac didn't get upgraded. So now i have to see if i should play the waiting game or splurge on a MP :(

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
extraextra said:
No, it's valid for online ones too.

I am waiting no later than Sept. 12 for an updated MBP. The Keynote will be very early in the morning for East Coast US and if no new news then I am going to the store or online (if there is a new MBP). This way I still get the free iPod (for my sister for Christmas, don't tell her).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.