If a store has inventory can Apple cancel my pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

If i pre-ordered through Apple and a store has inventory, can they cancel the online order and sell me the phone for the same subsided AT&T price or will there aways be a delay to get the upgrade reset in the systems?

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

When is your expected delivery date?

AT&T or Apple should be able to tell you if there would be a delay. Keep in mind there could be a delay in any refund.
    Not sure if the pick-up item would apply to an item being shipped to you.

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Good question. This is going to be my approach as well. I figured I'd cancel as soon as I rolled up if the crowd wasn't too awful bad. If the line is forever long, I may just let the pre-order ride. (Oct 1-6)

4. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm in the Oct 13 batch. Am not too concerned about $ refund but will Apple sell me one at the subsidy price once I cancel the online pre-order? Happy to cancel it in front of them but not sure if their point of sale system needs to wait until AT&T returns my upgrade eligibility.

5. Mr. Y macrumors regular

I thought that Apple doesn't charge you until your item ships? I pre-ordered with an expected delivery in mid-October. Canceled my pre-order last night and reserved for pick-up the same phone for this evening at a nearby Apple.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

You can walk in and pick it up but you can't reserve it with a pending order it has to be canceled first so find a store that has stock cancel your order and reserve the new one.