If all else fails, remember it's only a phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bounce08, Sep 11, 2014.

1. bounce08 macrumors member

This happens every year at around this time. Complete panic from some that they won't be able to get a PHONE the day it launches, or be able to pre-order it in time for receiving it on launch.

The vast majority of people in the world couldn't give a ****. The only reason people are so desperate to get it on launch is so they can look "cool" infront of their colleagues/friends/family..is it really worth it? Are you going to get that pat on the back because you have an iPhone 6 a day/week before someone else? In a month, you'll be looking on macrumors.com for 6S part leaks hoping for 2GB of ram.

I think most of us forget that at the end of the day, these are first world problems. It's a phone. A piece of glass, plastic and metal that, among other things, makes a phone call or sends a message so you can contact people. Yep, it's quite a convenient tool. But a thousand other similar pieces of glass, plastic and metal do the same job.

And, should the worst happen (god forbid) and you receive it the day after launch, the week after, a few weeks after, just remember your iPhone 1/2/3/4/5 can fill in the gap.

I mean seriously, Apple make a ton of money of each of us each year, paying for almost an identical device. Let's cut to the chase, apart from looking different and a bit bigger, what else does it do compared to a 5S? The camera? Almost identical. The phone speed/browsing? Almost identical. Etc, etc.

So, if you find yourself slitting your wrists because you ended up with a Space Gray 64 GB instead of a silver 128GB, or you can't get it on launch day, just remember....there are more important things in life.

How did we cope 10 years ago with our Nokia 3210s?!

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

That's just crazy talk!

(Your headline, that is.)

To quote Brenda Morgenstern, "Sure, and Sara Lee is just a cheesecake."

3. bounce08 thread starter macrumors member

Are our lives so empty that getting our hands on a slightly different phone to last year becomes priority #1? Queuing for hours/days to pay your yearly subscription at an Apple store?

In 20 years people will look back and laugh..."the Apple years".

4. N e e k macrumors 6502

It's rumored that the 6 plus does have 2 gigs of RAM.

5. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Snake was an awesome time waster. And all those graphic SMS. Also, composing your own ringtones. :p

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

It's time like these I don't mind my upgrade being in October, I miss the preorder madness. Hopefully this year it won't still be a three week wait.

7. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I heard it has 4 gigs of ram and a flux capacitor.

8. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Is it really madness to sit in a quiet room at 3:01 am and place a 10 second order over the internet?

9. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

But that's useless since the motion sensor tops out at 87.9 miles per hour.

Confession - back then I thought gigawatt might be a nonsense word. 640 Megawatts ought to be enough for anyone. ;)

10. pragmatous macrumors 65816

ha nice

11. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

The madness is staying up to do it!

Normally I fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Often in late afternoon I'll just conk out and repeatedly fall asleep at my desk while being too tired to get up and go to bed.

Today I tried to take a good long nap so I could stay up late. Nada.

12. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Well I have to wait until 3AM PDT (6AM Eastern) to preorder it because I have to call Verizon to do it. I just hope I don't get pushed back in the queue for 2 months. 1-2 weeks and I'll be happy.

The "Its just a phone" thing reminded me of one of my favorite tech comedians on YouTube. Lol.

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776205
    #troll

14. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Not if it goes smoothly. Last time I preordered it was a nightmare. Constant website timeouts at various points of the transaction, both at Apple and the carrier.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Was that for the 4? That was the last time it took me hours to get through.

16. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

4s