If any one was looking for a 1st/2nd? Gen. iPod

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by BlackiBook, Dec 30, 2009.

1. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

I was just looking on ebay for a 3rd gen. iPod because they are my favorite (and I want one) and I happened to find this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-1st-...MP3_Players?hash=item439c5d8993#ht_500wt_1182

I am not sure how to link to it, sorry! But if I had the money to spend (besides what I have for the 3rd gen.) I would buy it it has all of the original packaging and everything, I thought someone might like this! Also does everyone know if this might be some sort of scam? It "almost" seems too good to be true!

I took another look and it might actually be the 2nd gen. iPod instead of 1st gen. Anyone know for sure?

P.S. - Mods this is not my auction, I have nothing to do with the seller.

2. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    Yes, it is a 2nd gen. First Gen models were only 5gb.

3. Archon Gold macrumors 6502

I miss the original iPods, having them firewire based was so much better.

4. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

Actually, there was a 10GB first gen, although it seems to have been made for a short period. I'm not sure if windows compatibility came in the second gen, though.

5. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Ditto. My 20GB 3G iPod still syncs faster than the new ones :)

For connectivity, the 4G model can't be beat, though...charge/sync over both USB and Firewire....whereas my 3G (nicer in all other respects, IMO) only syncs over USB and charge+syncs over Firewire.

6. Trinity macrumors regular

Trinity

The 10Gb capacity was an option of 1st generation iPods, only available in the online store. But it was very expensive, I paid about 720 euros for my unit with 10Gb and engraved.