Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeRandomGuy18

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
The same one I did buy. The gateway p7805u. Nice specs for only $1000. Way better than those overpriced alienware pieces of ****.

Goona

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
I would get a Vaio, they are lovely, a bit pricey like Apple but really nice.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I would get a Vaio, they are lovely, a bit pricey like Apple but really nice.

Agree. Sony is my favorite tech company for most things (besides Apple of course). But I love there televisions and the PS3.

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
I would have just stuck with my last laptop, an Acer 8204. It was fairly nice, not the best build quality but it was fairly powerful... Oh and carbon fiber :cool:

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I'm not much for laptops, personally...I don't need to be mobile that way.

My iPhone gives me everything I need in a mobile "computer" - basic web browsing, easy access to email, and some awesome apps for on the go stuff that would be cumbersome to pull out a laptop for. (Hot Popcorn, Urbanspoon, etc.)

If I were to get an Apple laptop, it would likely be an aluminum MB.

If I had to go with a PC, I'd want one of the latest possible IBM Thinkpads (I know Lenovo Thinkpads are pretty good too, but IBM still made them better imho.)

Gbak

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
I would go Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad (only) great laptops. As for those that say SONY VAIO they should think again. Sony to compete with other companies lowered the price (which was outrageous) but also lowered the quality resulting at a not so good product. (And yes I owned one and also we sell those in my fathers shop).

If not a laptop then a netbook would be great preferably a Samsung one!

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
I Would probably get a PC if there was no other option....haha.
I would probably go for a VAIO or a good acer

Runner038

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2009
Dell XPS 17. Isn't out yet! But I have it because I get free laptops from my friend. Isn't coming out till March of 2010!!! Amazing keyboard, fast hard drive, 248gb memory!!!! AMAZING!!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.