If Apple fixes the problem do you think the media will cover it as heavily?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Jul 15, 2010.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Was thinking about this:

If Apple fix the problem with the iPhone 4 (recall, in-house repair, replace, etc.) do you think the media will report on it as heavily as they did in the first place?

Will the headlines that say "Duct Tape Fixes iPhone 4!" be replaced with headlines that say "Apple Fixes iPhone 4! Now Awesome!"?

Or will it be a mention on page 3 now?

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Every source of media is going to cover whatever Apple says tomorrow. Good or bad. This has become a huge issue. I couldn't even watch the news after work without hearing about it this week.

4. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

But, as is typical of the media, the bad news is trumpeted but the good news gets page 3. I bet there's a blip in the news and then this gets forgotten.

5. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The media outlets like bad news so this way they can call in their so called expert bloggers,etc. Because it stirs things up and caters to the lowest common denominator.

Sad that what was once reliable news outlets have reduce themselves to doing anything for a nielson ratings point.

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

nope. fixes and good news are not ratings generators.

7. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

There will be more coverage of this than stink on *****.

Every "expert" in the world will come out of the woodwork to blab about what ever is talked about.

Prepare yourself :cool:

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

the majority of media outlets have great reviews on the iphone 4 so i'm sure there will be plenty to broadcast whatever the fix is. There's no point in letting this issue ruin an otherwise fantastic phone.

9. err404 macrumors 68020

I don't care if they release positive stories, so long as the negative ones subside. I love my phone and I'm tiered of people telling me how bad it is.

10. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I think that they'll mention it, but it'll be nothing compared to the news of how bad it was.

11. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Ask Toyota how they feel about the coverage of yesterday's DOT announcement validating that the VAST majority of alleged sticking accelerators were in fact driver error. Crickets chirping is what we got on that front from the major media sources.

12. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

It seems like the news will report more about this than issues that actually matter throughout the world... which is sad