If apple only release the iphone 4S, Will you upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 3, 2011.

Will you upgrade if all that is released is the iphone 4S

1. Yes I will upgrade as I want a faster phone with better battery life

7 vote(s)
  2. No i'm very dissapointed and will wait til next summer

17 vote(s)
  3. Not sure, in two minds

7 vote(s)
  4. Will go elsewhere and go android

3 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Dec 15, 2010

The improvements are

A5 Chip
    faster camera
    more ram

and overall a faster device.

Will you pay the money to upgrade from the iphone 4 or will you wait until next summer?
  2. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2009
    I'll pass. No big screen, no support from me.

I did not upgrade my iPad 1 to iPad 2 too.
  3. Neocron macrumors member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'll wait for next summer and keep my iphone 4..
  4. charliecc macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2008
  5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2010
    Maybe. Maybe not. Depends if there are features that ONLY the iPhone 5 will support. I will have to wait until tomorrow to make up my mind.
  6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
  7. Vundu macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2009
    Manchester, UK
  8. webworks415 macrumors 6502

Dec 20, 2008
    I'll have to wait and see. I'm gonna be very disappointed if the only upgrades are internal. My iPhone 4 is fast enough as it is, I don't need a spec bump...and didn't wait 15 months just so I can upgrade to one.

At this point 4 inch screens are becoming a standard in smartphones...that's all I want.

I upgrade every year and only when the 3G came out, I realized I could live with the original iPhone and returned the 3G. I might be using this iPhone 4 for another year if that rumored new form factor isn't what they announce. But we'll see how convincing Apple is that I need a new phone, if it's the same exact design and screen size.

Another thing to add... When the 3GS came out, it was a similar situation..same form factor, with the 3GS getting a faster chip, video recording, and voice control. So with the S label slapped on there,I'm assuming they're doing the same this year with the 4S and the new voice control features to be introduced. I really hope they surprise us though.
  9. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2008
    I skipped the iP4 for this, my 3GS is on it's last legs, faster phone with IOS5 and better battery life...sign me up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.