If Apple Remotely kills Netshare should we Petition for a Refund?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sms0217ny, Aug 11, 2008.

1. sms0217ny macrumors regular

Was reading this article:

http://gizmodo.com/5035646/getting-a-refund-from-the-app-store-is-basically-impossible

and I'm sure i'm not alone in being one of the lucky few who got their hands on netshare legally thru the appstore when apple was selling it. It seems like now that "stevey" has admited to the existence of the remote app killer for "our security" they might try to nix netshare in a future firmware update to make ATT happy. It also sounds like apple will give us the run around and defer to nullriver and vice versa. Anyone else feel like we're in store for a major F U from both apple and Nullriver?

2. 61132 Guest

email support, I did and they gave me a refund

I just said, you removed it because it's not allowed by at&t, I want a refund because I cannot use it legally. They emailed me back the next day saying sorry for the inconvenience. I still have the app, has not been disabled or anything.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes we will demand a refund. As an angry mob can bring down not only a company but a government.

TEG

4. sms0217ny thread starter macrumors regular

5. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I don't see how they could do that legally w/o giving those of use that bought it a refund.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

unless apple went around deleting from iPhones, why do you want a refund. just keep using it, you paid. unless you start trying to download your torrrent files and use it as your primary internet connection at home, ATT won't know the difference between you doing a tether with netshare or using Safari or anything else that needs the data connection.

7. 61132 Guest

Apple

Even though I still have the app (and it works), my phone is pwned, so I have been using that method instead.

8. sms0217ny thread starter macrumors regular

I have no problems with using it as long as it's active but we know know that apple has in place the ability to kill any app they don't want us running so technically if they decide that netshare is an illegal app and deem it a security risk they can kill it according to their own "logic". But someone posted earlier on this thread that they were able to get a refund so hopefully if it comes to that apple or nullriver will do the right thing

9. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I wonder how many people managed to d/l this before it got killed by :apple:.

If it's a small number they may well ignore it.

10. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

all i know is it is way too slow for its own good but i will keep it until it gets deleted by apple and than I will pursue a refund

11. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Apple never charged me for the app anyway. My receipt says £0.00.
    I have the app and it works fine.