If Apple revises the proccess to include a coating on the antenna will they

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Jun 30, 2010.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

be required by law etc to fix or repace the ones we have or can they pull the "specifications subject to change without notice" card?

based on the review at Anandtech all Apple needed to do was coat the Antenna. I have a feeling they will change the proccess in the near future.

2. prfrma macrumors regular

From my experiance a thin coating of anything doesn't work. Nor does tape. The design would need to change to include a plastic corner for the antenna.

3. themadrussian macrumors regular

If they change their manufacturing process soon enough they will probably offer exchanges for those of us who purchased them before said change.

However, if are already planning to change the manufacturing process, it seems highly unlikely that they would continue shipping phones to their stores, AT&T, Best Buy, and RadioShack. Since that hasn't happened (yet), I would say it's highly unlikely anything hardware-related will change before the next iPhone comes out in June 2011.

Don't get your hopes up. The best they'll do is probably a software fix that changes the antenna behavior to compensate for it somehow. Or perhaps it is mostly a software issue to begin with and they will correct that.