If bought old IPhone after May 30th will they replace with new 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laryter, Jun 14, 2008.

1. laryter macrumors newbie

I have been told by a friend that if you purchased an old IPhone after a certain date (he wasn't sure which date) Mac is going to let you upgrade for free. He said there was something on the Mac site about this, but I cannot find it, does anyone else know about this?

Thanks

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

yes, any phone purchased from the 27th of may will qualify for an upgrade. i do think, however, that you'll need a current account with at&t, though.

3. laryter thread starter macrumors newbie

I purchased it through an AT&T Store so I believe my two year contract was upgraded. Do you know where the info is available to view on the Mac website? Thanks for the input.

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I also purchased and activated a 16Gb on 6/10 (on purpose). What I was told and the leaked memo from AT&T stated that if you purchased an iPhone from an AT&T store on or after 5/27, you can return it to AT&T until 8/1 and just pay a 10% restocking fee. Then you can buy the new phone at the cheaper price.

The other option is to keep it and sell it on eBay if they are going for a lot of money and just do another contract extension on the new iPhone.

Either way you are covered to get the new iPhone. This is all subject to change, but I am pretty sure it is not going to as they have already communicated this to a lot of employees who in turn have told a lot of customers.