If Candy Crush is the only data I want to save for a restore...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Kendo, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I want to have a fresh, fresh, FRESH install of iOS on my iPhone 6. The only things I care about are the regular things that are saved with iCloud (contacts, reminds, calendar) and my photos. All of the games I play have games saves in the cloud except Candy Crush.

If I want to have a fresh copy, should I delete every item from my iPhone EXCEPT my photos and Candy Crush, and then backup to iCloud? I would imagine it would be like a 1GB backup. Then reset my iPhone and restore from backup? All the other apps I own I would like to manually download one by one.

2. goaliemn macrumors newbie

the only way I know of to save progress in Candy Crush is link it to facebook. I've done that and moved between devices with no loss in progress.

3. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow I had no idea. If that is the case I can do a complete reset except for my photos.

4. Really Cool macrumors newbie

You can use iTools to back up any individual app you want. For example, everytime I want to refresh my ipad, I use iTools to back up Kingdom Rush game as an .ipa file to my PC. When I finish setting up, I just use iTools again to load the game back into the ipad.