If Catalina Bricked your Mac read this ....

madrich

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
World Class City of Chicago
a full moon bricked my mac. the dog bricked my mac. catalina ate my homework. a brick bricked my mac. etc...
FYI: It is not closed on the Apple Support Community. It seems that Apple Engineers are investigating the situation. I had a similar/same situation happen to me when I upgraded my early 2008 MBP from Snow Leopard to Mavericks.

Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
FYI: It is not closed on the Apple Support Community. It seems that Apple Engineers are investigating the situation. I had a similar situation happen to me when I upgraded my early 2008 MBP from Snow Leopard to Mavericks.
& i'm glad they are; apple rarely admits to anything. but still seems most macs are functioning under catalina, and people blame the new OS for issues particular to them, and not the OS in general.

still, hope this gets sorted out 👍

tommiy

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2015
Yes just confirmation that Catalina bios upgrade does in fact kill some MACs. Mine was one of these but lucky I was under warranty. Between this and the poor quality of the changes and the continual issues of minor release breaking functionality i'm seriously considering alternative in the next year. I just feel that value of the premium price has eroded to not be a purchasing consideration and there is some much better hardware now on the market at much less price. Decisions, decisions.....

Reactions: madrich