If DFU Mode doesn't work, what you think is wrong with the iphone 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuzo, Feb 27, 2017.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502

Phone is completely dead, checked serial and the warranty expired but the phone doesn't power on. Tried DFU and no power at all. What do you think is the problem?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

How long have you had it plugged in for? Have you checked the lightning port for lint (there's always more than you'd expect in there regardless if you can see it)? Have you tried different cables/Charging bricks?

As long as the phone can charge, DFU mode will always work if done properly. You haven't stated if you've ruled out power issues yet.

3. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502

had it plugged in for a hour, nothing, not powering on or anything. It's not my phone my friend bought something off craigslist, I think personally the phone is a dud. the battery gets warm when it's plugged in for a while but nothing lights up.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Sounds like someone sold your friend a damaged phone. You've tried different chargers and cables already right? No signs of life (not even the "plug in iPhone")?

5. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Your friend bought a phone, it doesn't power on, and your thought is to post for help here?

Tell him to take it to his local Apple store and have them look at the phone. No one can help here.

Frankly, I'd get my money back.

6. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll ask him to take it to apple.

He bought from craigslist and I personally think it's dead but these craigslist people are mostly scammers and drug addicts looking for some money.

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

Friends don't let friends buy iPhones from Craigslist.

8. noobinator macrumors 601

Did it not power on when he picked up the phone? I'd probably have not purchased it if it wouldn't turn on. It's dead. Lesson learned.

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Combining craiglist + iPhone not working = your friend got scammed. Lesson learned I guess..

10. Newtons Apple, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If your "friend" bought a phone from someone on CL and never powered it on or check for operation and just handed him the money . . . .well he deserves what he gets.

11. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack