If DFU Mode doesn't work, what you think is wrong with the iphone 6s?

cuzo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Phone is completely dead, checked serial and the warranty expired but the phone doesn't power on. Tried DFU and no power at all. What do you think is the problem?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
How long have you had it plugged in for? Have you checked the lightning port for lint (there's always more than you'd expect in there regardless if you can see it)? Have you tried different cables/Charging bricks?

As long as the phone can charge, DFU mode will always work if done properly. You haven't stated if you've ruled out power issues yet.

cuzo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
had it plugged in for a hour, nothing, not powering on or anything. It's not my phone my friend bought something off craigslist, I think personally the phone is a dud. the battery gets warm when it's plugged in for a while but nothing lights up.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
had it plugged in for a hour, nothing, not powering on or anything. It's not my phone my friend bought something off craigslist, I think personally the phone is a dud. the battery gets warm when it's plugged in for a while but nothing lights up.
Sounds like someone sold your friend a damaged phone. You've tried different chargers and cables already right? No signs of life (not even the "plug in iPhone")?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Your friend bought a phone, it doesn't power on, and your thought is to post for help here?

Tell him to take it to his local Apple store and have them look at the phone. No one can help here.

Frankly, I'd get my money back.

cuzo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Sounds like someone sold your friend a damaged phone. You've tried different chargers and cables already right? No signs of life (not even the "plug in iPhone")?
I'll ask him to take it to apple.

He bought from craigslist and I personally think it's dead but these craigslist people are mostly scammers and drug addicts looking for some money.

noobinator

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Did it not power on when he picked up the phone? I'd probably have not purchased it if it wouldn't turn on. It's dead. Lesson learned.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'll ask him to take it to apple.

He bought from craigslist and I personally think it's dead but these craigslist people are mostly scammers and drug addicts looking for some money.
If your "friend" bought a phone from someone on CL and never powered it on or check for operation and just handed him the money . . . .well he deserves what he gets.

Last edited by a moderator: