If...Faulty iMac, return via online or store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NStocks, Jul 18, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I am getting a iMac within the next 6 weeks ( first Mac ever ). I was going to purchase it from my closest Apple Retail store which is about 1hr 45 minuts away. If it went faulty and anytime would i have to take it back to the store or can a courier collect it from my house, at Apple's cost ( or my cost?). I don't want to get a iMac then get it home and discover that the graphics for example are broken,then have to travel all the way back to the store.

The main reason I want it from sotre it because I don't have to wait ( although that's not really an issuse ), but because i want the experience from buying it direct at a store. I have heard there in-store services are great, and even better for first time Mac buyers. Also they give better deals then online, though i was told the Apple Telesales may be able to match the same instore deal

Thanks

NStocks

2. Crunz macrumors newbie

Hi,

This is the second of your posts i've replied to :) If you get an Apple care warranty im pretty sure that they'll pick up the computer for free within a certain time (6 months or something) or refund your postage costs. It'd take more time to get things sorted though than if you took it in. I've heard a lot of good things about Apple's in-store services too, if its something simple and you take it in, then they might be able to fix it on the spot without having to send the computer away to a repair centre of theirs.

Online good, cheaper but you won't get to ask an employee about things in detail (unless you phone up of course). If you bought it online you'd have to call Apple's helpline or just your nearest store to sort stuff out.

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I guess that buying online dosn't share the same 'magical' ecerpiece as some people put it, as buying in-store. I have decided that i will buy in-store because i want to see the new Macbook ( that is if they come out ). And although there are'nt any rumors I want to see the new Ipod Touch - and claim one with student card of course :D

Thanks for the help

NStocks