If Friday delivery is missed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megapopular, Oct 9, 2011.

1. megapopular macrumors 6502a

and people can't or don't call FedEx to have the package held at the hub will there be Saturday attempts made from FedEx or will there be a number of angry people waiting til Monday for delivery? Just curious for others but I'll personally have someone at home to sign for me.

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

They'll try and deliver the package, two or three times.

You can call the Hub and ask them to hold it, etc etc.

3. AML225 macrumors regular

FedEx usually doesn't deliver on Saturdays to residential addresses unless you specifically pay for Saturday delivery. This is true in my area at least.

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Alternatively, you can pre-sign and tape the signature to your door. There's a form you can fill out on Apple's site to guarantee it will get dropped off on Friday.

To the OP: FedEx does indeed deliver on Saturdays. They don't on Sundays, but as of now they still do on Saturdays. (Maybe in the future they'll drop that to save costs, I know the USPS is considering that)

5. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

If you miss the delivery, call FedEx and have them hold it at the hub and go pick it up that night. I do it all the time with ups and FedEx.

6. Truckondo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I missed my delivery in my iPhone 4 last year. I was tracking it online and noticed the missed delivery. I called the 800 number and they told me I could pick it up from the distribution center. What was cool is that the driver got back in the early afternoon and I went down to go pick it up fast. I would imagine they would try again on Monday if they were not notified.

7. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

if u miss the delivery that means the driver gets ur phone

8. puma1552 macrumors 601

I don't even think they will let you pick it up until they've tried delivering it twice, which is pretty bogus IMO. As it always goes, they deliver it at more or less the same time the next day, and for most people, that happens to be during work hours.

If I ain't there Wednesday at 1, what makes them think I'll be there Thursday at 1?

9. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

You can go to the hub after the first failed attempt.
    I did that when fedex came to my apartment complex, couldn't find my apartment and then said I was not at home while I had been waiting at my doorstep all day.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Not true here (Miami), and I also know the same is true in NYC

11. 2010RS macrumors 6502

It's the same for business addresses. In most cases unless the package is sent with Saturday delivery, you won't get it until Monday.

12. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

The old driver by me said that, and would always try twice in the same day. He doesn't have this route anymore though :(

I think that's Sunday delivery. UPS and FedEx always deliver on Saturdays for me, but sometimes when I order something there's an option for (really expensive) Sunday delivery

13. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

That's incorrect. They deliver on Saturdays, for free, just like UPS and the USPS. And I believe their site states that they will attempt to make the delivery at least twice before it gets pushed to the next delivery day.

14. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Oh how i wished they made the delivery date on Sat, like the first Ipad.......

15. Kubatcha macrumors newbie

Link?

16. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Log in to your account from Apple's store site and check the status of your order. Once it has shipped and you have a tracking number, there will be a link for you to pre-sign for the package.

17. EddyP, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

EddyP macrumors 6502

It's not free in most cases. If you ever have shipped a package FedEx you know Saturday delivery costs extra. They typically attempt delivery ONCE during a day.

Now, if something is scheduled to be delivered on Friday and is missed... it totally depends on the local driver if they will attempt Saturday delivery (depends if it is coming via "usual orange" or "green home delivery"). If you are serviced by the "home delivery" trucks as opposed to the regular trucks, you may get it on Saturday IME. I certainly would not count on it though.

Long story short... don't count on getting it Saturday if you miss it Friday.

18. skidbubble macrumors 6502

If you miss the delivery on Friday, then the world is not going to come to an end if you have to get the phone on Monday.

19. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

JUST get it on friday.. work around your schedule to make sure yoga re home to pick iT UP.

YOU will not fail.. PICK IT UP.